Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunday @ the Botanic Gardens

Flowers, flowers everywhere! Hellaconia, orchids, jantung pisang and hey, what do you know, Malaysia's national flower, the Bunga Raya (hibiscus)


Cooper and I were out bright and early yesterday for a trip to the Botanic Gardens. I'm always somewhat surprised when people tell me that there is nothing to do in Singapore except shop. Believe me, a great day out doesn't have to start or end with Orchard.  The city state actually has a great number of parks, water bodies, and other sites to keep you preoccupied. There's no doubt that Singapore can't rival Borneo in terms of nature but as I've said before the facilities are clean and well maintained, which I can't say is the case in most parts of Asia. And they definitely get props for allowing dogs in public spaces. Here are some photos from our outing. 

A smoke-free, litter-free, perfectly engineered tropical paradise

Frederic Chopin's guest appearance in Singapore

I "r" Cooper

Family life in Singapore...or at least in Bukit Timah

2 comments:

  1. awesome pics. the camera has been a great buy. you definatly are making full use of it apart from using the zoom on ure neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear, for dropping by. Yeah, have to say it's performed beyond my expectations. Eh, I'm in Singapore lah, snooping is a way of life. Looking forward to reading the Malaysian Elvis' thoughts and scribblings soon!

    ReplyDelete